WELCOME

Welcome Stitchers and Friends! This blog is about my wee cottage industry: Fearn Abbey Needleworks; and about my own personal stitching adventures. Have a wee look around and see if we can be stitching friends. Thank you for stopping by!

Friday, April 29, 2016

The Year of WIPs


I have two boxes which have been organized and sorted... and which contain UFOs from ages ago.  This is my year to turn UFOs into WIPs and then finishes! You know, along with doing current projects, designs, and The Orthodox Stitcher. Here is my first UFO to WIP to FINISH:  Halloween Kitty. I got this chart a few years ago from Patterns Online. It was a terribly hard chart to read, in tiny black and white, and very faint, symbols. I did the cat and a tiny bit of orange, and then it went into hiding for a couple of years. 


I am happy to say, I persevered, at long last, and finished it! It is done on a pale blue 14ct Aida using DMC threads. I really, REALLY like it! Now it awaits a frame or some kind of finishing.

Next UFO turned WIP is a Dimensions kit of an angel with a harp. Plugging away at it.

I'm also working on one of my own designs, and a kit of a castle. There are NOT enough hours in the day!

Oh, and I started doing the music for two local churches!

What are you all busy with?
post signature

No comments:

ShareThis