WELCOME

Welcome Stitchers and Friends! This blog is about my wee cottage industry: Fearn Abbey Needleworks; and about my own personal stitching adventures. Have a wee look around and see if we can be stitching friends. Thank you for stopping by!

Friday, December 11, 2015

Needlewomen and Art


Needlewomen feature quite prominently in fine art. I think, probably more than any other occupation, sewing and needlework are the quintessential feminine arts. In my search for inspiration, I discovered so many beautiful and interesting paintings showing women plying their needles. I love them! As I try to get up and running again, I'm going to share my findings with you all.  NOTE: Mostly I have been on a Google search, and I don't have attributions for all my images. If someone knows what a particular image is, and I don't, please feel free to let me know how to cite it. Thanks!

Meanwhile, please do let me know what you are all working on! I love to hear and see other people's work. 
post signature

No comments:

ShareThis