WELCOME

Welcome Stitchers and Friends! This blog is about my wee cottage industry: Fearn Abbey Needleworks; and about my own personal stitching adventures. Have a wee look around and see if we can be stitching friends. Thank you for stopping by!

Friday, April 17, 2015

I Did It...FINALLY!

Good grief! I don't know how long I have been working off and on with my infamous Poodle Valance. I started stitching the flags eons ago. Then I put the backing on. Then I sat with them for ages. Well, it is finally done and installed! Amazing!

Okay, and I have to say...I LOVE IT! I really do. It was worth the hassle. At least, I think so.


If you can remember far enough back when I first wrote about this project, I mentioned that I was using pink and white striped Aida, 14 count. The poodle design is my own, and I simply changed the colors and reversed the pattern to get this effect.


Each pennant or flag is edged with pink bias binding, and finished with a large pink pom pom and a small white one.


Because of the way the wooden pelmet is made, there is a little half-size space at each end, so I made little end pieces from the same Aida and trimmed them with the pink pom poms. My dear husband made this wooden pelmet (valance) for me. I love it, and the design of it fits perfectly with my poodle valance. I think they complement each other.


The flag in the middle is a big-head cat pattern I found on Etsy, and I changed the colors to match. It is finally done and I'm really happy with it!

We won't talk about the zillions of stuffed animal sheep and lambs up on top!

post signature

2 comments:

Vickie said...

L♥VE this!!!! Fantastic! Do you own a poodle?!

Stacey in Scotland said...

Thank you. It was fun to do, even if it took me absolute ages. No, I don't own a poodle, but I have visions of having one someday!

ShareThis