WELCOME

Welcome Stitchers and Friends! This blog is about my wee cottage industry: Fearn Abbey Needleworks; and about my own personal stitching adventures. Have a wee look around and see if we can be stitching friends. Thank you for stopping by!

Wednesday, March 04, 2015

Ten Days and Counting...

I've had a horrible cold for TEN DAYS!  And it's still going strong.  I can't really complain (well, I CAN, and often do ~ just ask my husband) because I haven't had a bad cold in a very long time.  I forgot what it's like to not be able to do anything because of your drippy nose and horrible cough. Except, I can stitch (as long as the tissues are close by, and there is a bottomless glass of water at hand).

So, I'm working feverishly (literally) on a design I can't wait to show you.  I want to get it done THIS WEEK.  Here's hoping...

Meanwhile, about those polls... It seems we are pretty much all of like minds when it comes to what the hardest things about stitching are:  "getting started" and "finishing off" came out on top ~ equally! I would agree with both of those.  You have to become very creative in finishing ideas when you start accumulating tons of finished projects.  We can't hang every single one on the walls!  And, there are only so many throw pillows we can place around the house, too.  I have a board on my Pinterest where I collect finishing ideas.  Check it out if you are a Pinterest Person!

As for your favorite type of material to stitch on:  linen!  I confess, I was a bit surprised.  I thought it would be evenweaves, or a variety of things.  Personally, I prefer Aida because I like the large color range and the varying sizes.  My next favorite is evenweave, particularly something like Jobelan, Lugana, or Monaco.  I also like doing work on specialty fabrics like those with a special dye or maybe a glittery thread woven through.  What I enjoyed about these answers, though, was discovering how different we all are... which is one of the things that makes cross stitch such a wonderful art and craft.  The combinations and possibilities are truly endless.

Thanks for playing along with my polls.  I'll be doing more eventually!  Meanwhile... I'm off for another hot drink with lots of honey...
post signature

2 comments:

gracie said...

Oh I do hope you will soon be feeling much better.

Stacey at Fearn Abbey Needleworks said...

Thank you! At least I have an excuse to be still and sit stitching!

ShareThis