WELCOME

Welcome Stitchers and Friends! This blog is about my wee cottage industry: Fearn Abbey Needleworks; and about my own personal stitching adventures. Have a wee look around and see if we can be stitching friends. Thank you for stopping by!

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Happy St Patrick's Day!

There is something about St Patrick's Day.  I think it's probably a combination of things that make me look fondly on this special day: Irish ancestry on my mother's side, an affinity for Ireland (although I've only actually been once), an affinity for the saint himself, the color green, and the fact that my nephew was born on St Patrick's Day, among some of them.


I like to celebrate special days by creating designs for them, too.  This year's, as you already know, is the Leprechaun Lamb above.  


Earlier, I created a St Patrick as part of my Saints Series. All of my saints are inspired by some combination of research I have done, the art of iconography, and art of the very early Middle Ages.


Somewhere between St Patrick and the Leprechaun Lamb, I created this little sampler. You can't tell from the photo (I really MUST get a better camera, but (a) I'm cheap like that, and (b) I wouldn't even know where to start!) but this design is stitched on green iridescent Aida, and it's very sparkly in real life.

Do you have any favorite St Patrick's Day designs you have stitched, or want to stitch? 

Spring is coming here! I have seen snowdrops for the past month or more, and now the crocuses, and soon the daffodils! Also, a flowering hawthorn is coming into bloom. It seems like it has been a long winter. I should have produced more stitching, I think, but maybe a lighter heart and lighter weather will spur me on!

Happy St Patrick's Day everyone!

post signature

No comments:

ShareThis