WELCOME

Welcome Stitchers and Friends! This blog is about my wee cottage industry: Fearn Abbey Needleworks; and about my own personal stitching adventures. Have a wee look around and see if we can be stitching friends. Thank you for stopping by!

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

A Finish!


Here it is:  my latest design finally finished.  Or, I should say, ONE of my designs finished.  I have soooo much stitching to do!

I quick put this one on the FRONT burner so I could get him out in time for St Patrick's Day.  He's listed in my Etsy shop, and I call him:  The Lucky Leprechaun Lamb of Loch Eye.  The first part of the name should be obvious, but the Loch Eye comes from our location.  It's right near where we live. 

I had so much fun stitching this design. It's based on our lamb Doodle, but he's all dolled up for St Patrick's Day.  It's a perfect stitch for Springtime, or any time!  The mottledy-speckledy lamb was a bit of a challenge to stitch at times:  lots of confetti stitching.  But that's Doodle.  A challenge!  Also, it's very Doodle of him to be eating the shamrocks and flowers!  The model was stitched on 14-count Sage Aida.  I really enjoy using various colored fabrics and am partial to Aida myself.  Especially when you're stitching anything like this with lots of little color variations.  The pattern uses DMC stranded cotton threads.

Now I'm off to pick up another design I set aside in order to do this one.  And, I'm still stitching away on my little gifts.  Lots of irons in the fire.  What is everyone else working on?

Happy Stitching!

And... my cold is almost gone.  Now, if the weather would improve a bit...

post signature

No comments:

ShareThis