WELCOME

Welcome Stitchers and Friends! This blog is about my wee cottage industry: Fearn Abbey Needleworks; and about my own personal stitching adventures. Have a wee look around and see if we can be stitching friends. Thank you for stopping by!

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

A Little Project for the Home

This is one of my poodle designs (available HERE).  It has turned out to be a very versatile little design.  I'll show you what I mean...

I've used the just the poodle from the design, and changed the colors a whole bunch of ways.  I stitched 14 little pennant flags (I think they're about 5" X 8") on pink striped Aida (DMC).  And, a cat.  You've probably seen the cat on Pinterest.  That's where I snagged the pattern, and I think it was labelled as a Perler / Hama bead pattern.  I changed the colors on the cat, too.


What I'm doing is making a window valance.  I am going to sew pink bias binding around each pennant, and trim with a pom pom.  Then, I'll stitch the whole thing together and hang!


As soon as I'm finished, I'll show you!  I've got a lot of stitching irons in the fire right now.  As usual. I'm working on a ton of little gifts that I will be posting to friends and family back home (USA), a new design for Fearn Abbey Needleworks, and another couple of gifts.  It seems I'm always frantic and jumping around from one project to another.  Do you operate that way, too?  

What are your tips for stitchers and designers to be more productive and organized?  I have a few I'll share later on.

Happy stitching!

post signature

No comments:

ShareThis