WELCOME

Welcome Stitchers and Friends! This blog is about my wee cottage industry: Fearn Abbey Needleworks; and about my own personal stitching adventures. Have a wee look around and see if we can be stitching friends. Thank you for stopping by!

Monday, April 14, 2014

Waiting for the Paschal Light...and An Update

Okay...here come three really bad photos I hurried up and took so I could touch base with you all. Thank you for just accepting them as they are.  I seem to be in one of those places right now.  You know the kind:  time flies past and you can't figure out what useful thing you've been doing; several different issues are demanding your attention all at once; your art and craft suffer because for some reason you think everything else must be more important.  Why do women do that?  Well, at any rate... here's a quick catch up:

First, my Christ Pantocrator I'm working on.  I don't get to devote nearly as much time as I'd like to this.  It is a wonderful chart and great fun to do.  I got mine from Patterns Online, but it is from Solaria Gallery and if you buy it from them, you get a beautiful border around it.  I'll decide when I'm done if I HAVE to have the border or not!

Next:  the fourth egg in my Dozen Easter Eggs series (on the left) and a little Spring Lamb (on the right).  The egg is mine; the lamb is DMCs!


And, my first three Easter Eggs.  As you know, the red egg was a freebie.  I will be offering these in sets of three in my Etsy shop.  I was rushing to get them done before Easter / Pascha, but I decided that since Pascha is a 40 day season of the Church, I'm not going to worry about when they get done. I'll list them when they are.  And anyway, crafters and stitchers are always making seasonal things out of season.  It's like how we all work on Christmas stuff year round.  So, they'll be out there as soon as I can get them done!


Finally... we are waiting for the Paschal Light.  Lent is over; Great Week has begun.  Pascha is on the horizon.  It is hard going for us because we live in the middle of nowhere, with no church anywhere nearby.  But... things are in the works concerning that, so hopefully by next year, we will be spending the entirety of Great Week at Church!!


I'm taking a wee break now for Great Week and Pascha.  I will see everyone in the Celebration!  May you all have a blessed and meaningful Great Week and a beautiful, joyous Pascha / Easter!!

post signature

No comments:

ShareThis