WELCOME

Welcome Stitchers and Friends! This blog is about my wee cottage industry: Fearn Abbey Needleworks; and about my own personal stitching adventures. Have a wee look around and see if we can be stitching friends. Thank you for stopping by!

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

FREE CHART: Doodle's Halloween

Hi Friends!  It's time for another free chart.  This one is for Halloween, Doodle Style. First off, I want to say thank you to everyone who has downloaded my other free charts.  I hope you have fun with them, and I would still like to see what you have stitched!
I had so much fun with this design!  You may have noticed I really love my pet sheep.  That's Doodle's silhouette in front of the moon.  He has watched too many Charlie Brown holiday movies, I think.  This chart is very versatile, though, so feel free to put whatever silhouette you'd like inside the moon, or none at all.
I used 14-count black Aida for this design, AND...I used Glow in the Dark thread for the moon!  It's great, and it really does glow.  This comes from DMC and the information is included in the download.
Another fun thread was the fluorescent yellow I used for the jack-o-lantern's face.  It is much brighter in person, I assure you!
Finally, I used DMC "Desire" memory thread to make the little vine ends on top of three of the pumpkins.  The thread is tacked down with stranded cotton of the same color.  
This little design measures 4.6" X 3.8" on 14-count fabric, and the stitch count is 64 X 53.  You can download your FREE chart by clicking HERE.  Have fun and happy stitching!
post signature

3 comments:

Kate said...

I love it! I had no idea that glow in the dark thread was available - it's now on my list of threads to buy. Thank you for sharing.

corinne said...

merci, j'adore

Donna Pheneger said...

So very cute - thank you for sharing!

ShareThis