WELCOME

Welcome Stitchers and Friends! This blog is about my wee cottage industry: Fearn Abbey Needleworks; and about my own personal stitching adventures. Have a wee look around and see if we can be stitching friends. Thank you for stopping by!

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

B is for Betsy

Here she is:  the first in a series from the Betsy books by Carolyn Haywood.  I absolutely love these stories, and have since childhood.  I especially love the original illustrations (honestly, the new illustrations just make me sad).  So...I have adapted some of the originals for cross stitch (yes, I have checked all the copyright regulations ~ it's all good!)
This first illustration is taken from when Betsy is just getting ready to go off for her first day of school. She is sitting on the stairs, waiting for mother, and not feeling very confident.
Can't we all relate to how Betsy felt when she went off to school for the first time?

In this series, I am trying to intimate the quality of the original black and white illustrations, but I have put a little burst of color in each one.  In this one, as you can see, her schoolbag and her hair ribbons have been highlighted.  There are several shades of tan / grey / taupe in the design, with the main outlines being done in black and brown-black.

The finished design size on 14-count cream Aida is 5.8" X 6.7".  The chart will be available as an instant PDF download in my Etsy shop, hopefully THIS week!  I hope you like her!

post signature

No comments:

ShareThis