WELCOME

Welcome Stitchers and Friends! This blog is about my wee cottage industry: Fearn Abbey Needleworks; and about my own personal stitching adventures. Have a wee look around and see if we can be stitching friends. Thank you for stopping by!

Thursday, September 19, 2013

I Couldn't Wait for Friday...So Here's Your Free Chart!

Everyone seems to be getting into a "fall" frame of mind.  I'm sure lots of you are much farther along in your fall decorating than I am!  Well, to add a little Scottish touch to your Fall decorating, here is my latest free chart:
 A sheep, of course!  He is done in ecru cotton thread, with a dark black-brown for his legs and face.  And, he has big green sheepy eyes.  A black crow sits atop his back.  The funny thing is...we often see crows and jackdaws sitting on top of the sheep around here.  It makes me laugh every time I see it!
 This little sheep is accompanied by two apple trees, just ready for picking, and two big pumpkins.  All the cross stitching is done in 3 strands, and the backstitching is done in 2 strands.  I did the model on pale blue marble Aida.  I like the effect!
To get your free chart, CLICK HERE and you will be taken to a PDF download.  Happy stitching, and as always, send me a photo when you are done!
post signature

3 comments:

Lily said...

Hi Stacey and thank you :)
I'm a sheep lover myself, but I don't own any yet :0} I wonder what makes crows sit on their backs??
Do they 'clean' them? :D

Thanks for your blog, designs, photos and links...

JLL24 said...

To cute, I can't wait to get started on this one. And thanks for not waiting till Friday to post it.

White Sheep Farm said...

Hi Stacey!
You've done it again! Another cute sheep stitch! LOVE this one too ... just gonna have to try to find time to get it done.
Thanks so much for sharing your talent.
Teri

ShareThis