WELCOME

Welcome Stitchers and Friends! This blog is about my wee cottage industry: Fearn Abbey Needleworks; and about my own personal stitching adventures. Have a wee look around and see if we can be stitching friends. Thank you for stopping by!

Monday, September 23, 2013

Another Finishing Idea

I'm busily stitching...but I thought I'd do a quick post on another finishing idea:
Yes, more poodles.  And not even my design!  I do enjoy stitching a lot of other designers' work.  These poodles are done with Madeira Lana thread, and I decided to try them in a few different color combinations.  They are all done on a circle of Aida with a pom pom trim stitched around it (small or mini size).  Then, I used a piece of scrapbook backing paper and stuck that onto...a piece of packing material!  It is like a piece of masonite, and seemed too good to throw out.  I've fixed a hanger on the back, and there you go...a little triptych of Paris Poodles!  The whole thing was made with scraps and things I had at home, including the chart from an old magazine.
post signature

No comments:

ShareThis