WELCOME

Welcome Stitchers and Friends! This blog is about my wee cottage industry: Fearn Abbey Needleworks; and about my own personal stitching adventures. Have a wee look around and see if we can be stitching friends. Thank you for stopping by!

Friday, July 05, 2013

Separation Anxiety

Every mother dreads the day her babies will leave home, right?  Well, it even happens to surrogate lamb mothers!  Today we took the babies out to their new home (only a mile away, but still).  It was time.  We've had them living in our garage / backyard for eight whole weeks.  The original plan was four or five.  You know how it is.  How do you part with such cuteness??



So now the babies are living with their "uncles" and everyone has lots of room to run and play, graze and browse, nap and ruminate.  The little ones have their own shelter, complete with their own hay, a straw bed, kibbles, and tiny water trough.  My dear husband says they'll be fine.  Yes, but will I??
post signature

2 comments:

thecrazysheeplady said...

Ack! It's been 8 weeks already!?!? They look great but I bet they miss you too :-).

White Sheep Farm said...

Awwwww, they are so cute! I know what you mean about not wanting them to leave. I once bottle fed a lamb for 3 months, just cause I loved her and she was my first Cheviot/Shetland cross. Still have her and when I bottle feed, she still tries to get the bottle.
Love the last photo, Mom ... can we come in?
Thanks for stopping by.
Teri

ShareThis